Saturday, June 19, 2010

done

I finished reading the book the Naked Gospel by Andrew Farley this morning and just as I have wanted all along, I want someone else to read it and chew on it with me.
It has some really great points about Jesus plus nothing and Grace, all Grace and nothing but Grace. I couldn't agree more with some of what was said. Yet I still love Marc Driscoll and Francis Chan who challenge us to examine our "works" and to pray to God for behavior modification as needed. I guess that doesn't really disagree with what the book was saying.
My mind is a little cloudy at this moment.

And now I confess that there is only one thing that is needed. Lord, I cannot and will not live without you. I love you. I need you. Your Spirit is sweet, wine to my soul and peace to my mind. I pray to be full of you today. Help me to remain in You. You are in me. I pray to follow you. Thank you that you have given me everything I need to live the life you have called me to live. Thank you that you continually provide for us out of your abundant wealth. Thank you for such a time as this. That you are always working and that your work in us is never done. That all suffering is temporary for those whom who have chosen. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment