Saturday, September 18, 2010

redhead

I felt it in my bones, why? I am not sure-why...all I want to do is create and craft and play in paint. I have been gathering my thoughts and they have been plentiful, I am resisting the urge to buy more stuff and be resourceful-that always leads to the best art in my opinion anyways.
I have been knitting, coloring, sewing and cooking-
I have a bunch of ideas of what is next, paintings that need to happen, beads to make, cards to create, letters to write, BUT FIRST;
I had to color my hair!
Very, very red. My hair is to the small of my back now with shorter layers around the front and long side bangs, so coloring it is quite the process. Good thing I am a professional! So after 2 lovely long hours at the beach enjoying drinking in every single moment, I stopped off at the beauty supply and made my buy. Reddest copper red and red brown with a little red orange. and by 6:00 o clock Friday night, my hair was hot.
I am really enjoying the change. It won't be permanent, I love to rotate between brown, almost black and red-I just can't seem to leave it alone.
Thank God this is an option for me.
Right now, I am shirking housework-my toddler is still in a t-shirt and a diaper, we have already partaken of the birthday monkey bread(thanks Paula Dean)and too much coffee. This is Maury's birthday weekend- I will be making a cake and chili today too. Teenage son is away at a weekend retreat. There are so many things I want to do with this time. Mainly, I want to savor and enjoy every moment of it.
I am going to write another blog right now about what I think I have learned from God this week-it just wouldn't go well with this casual account of my desire to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment