Friday, October 15, 2010

love it hate it what to do with it

"In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood." Hebrews 12:4

No, indeed I have not. I avoid struggle at all costs. Lord, heal me of me self protection. Denying myself is so hard and it seems that the only way to do it is to remain face down(in the Spirit if not in the flesh) at all times. It seems like my flesh is like a dog that is constantly waiting for the opportunity to jump up on me and establish dominance. Down boy, down! That is the cry of my spirit.
I am overwhelmed with thoughts of hatred and disgust for the pride I see in others which is really the pride in me revealing it's ugly head. Is there anyone else that longs to be free and is tired of this world?
I am so full of me.
"Rid me of myself, I belong to you." Jennifer Knapp

Not because of the world, but because of me in it. I am torn. Come Jesus, come!

No comments:

Post a Comment