Friday, October 22, 2010

Lazy perfectionism

"Procrastination refers to the counterproductive deferment of actions or tasks to a later time. Psychologists often cite such behavior as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing any task or decision."- Wikipedia

I see a common curse in our members. I want to reap the results without the effort. I try hard, I fail miserably, I decide to find another way and try again, I give up because I failed again. I hate to fail. To have a track record of should not haves.
Instead of repenting of my sin(most problems I struggle with and most victories I am not experiencing, I say most, the reason is because of habitual sin)I try harder in my own strength, then when that fails I blame the battle and try to avoid it by joining the other team! I am a traitor. My devotion is all over the place.
Discipline, Grace and Spirit led Obedience.
There is no easy button here.
I know what I should be doing.
I heard a truth today from a loop in the Chiropractors' office. Dr. Ben Lerner was on the screen talking about God made food versus man made food. In order to have a "Body By God" one must not focus first on deleting the bad stuff, he recommends the approach of first adding in the good God stuff. I know the truth hidden in this. I can't maintain a devotion to the good and the bad.
If I start adding in the good God food, I find the power of the bad stuff is weakened.
Overcoming the evil with good(Romans 12:21
Same truth applies to every area. It is not the list of do nots that motivates me. It is only when I do, when I seek Him first and fill my mind and mouth with the good God things that I am released from the desire to do and say the wrong. It is by being in the Presence of one so Pure that impurity is revealed.
I am saddened by the thought of many faces I know that are feasting on the world and growing empty everyday, refusing to drink the Living Water and eat the Bread of Life.Fully aware of their own personal failures and walking in guilt. Come die! So that we may live,
what is it that holds us back? What holds you back from doing the good?

No comments:

Post a Comment