Tuesday, August 31, 2010

good morning

Psalm 59:16
"But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble"

It is the week again and honestly I was having a hard time recalling which day it was and it is only Tuesday! My man was home for 2 days then gone again for 4 or 5. He was home just long enough to readjust. While he is away, I usually try hard not to miss him, but this time I am reminding myself to miss him.
You see, I am so good at being self-sufficient and independent even when he is home. I probably leave him with the impression that he is not needed much. I don't think that this can be good. Relationships shouldn't be based on neediness but we all need to know that we have a purpose and that we are wanted.
There is a balance somewhere between co dependence and independence, I have heard it called interdependence. That is what I want our family to be, often it is a battle.
There is so much that seeks to divide and separate and to call us to be other than we are called to be. The closer we get to realizing our dream of life as a family the more the opinions fly, the suggestions increase and the misunderstandings abound.
I keep trying to get in his face and like a child say,"look at me" but I can see that he is distracted by so many things. Trying to figure out how to save the world. So when I hear a single friend sharing the horror of another bad date, I say to her that she must pray and be certain that is what God wants her to do. She expresses the concern that she has been waiting a long time and that she just doesn't see how she is going to find a husband any other way.(without looking herself)and I think of the verse where Jesus says he could raise worshipers up from the stones if he wanted to, He can give her a husband if that is truly what she needs and He can do it anywhere. She tells me that she is lonely and I say,"Marriage can be lonely" she looks at me in curious amazement,"Really?"
"Yes." It can be.
Should it be? No. Does God want it to be? No. Are people human? Yes.
SO yeah, we all have to find the cure to our loneliness in Christ, our constant companion. He is the only one who fulfills and satisfies all the time and He is practical and romantic-
I pray that we would see the kisses You send us today Lord-and that my husband would know clearly that I love him and need him.

No comments:

Post a Comment