Sunday, August 22, 2010

by now we know...

well, by now we all know that my "goals" and time standards are my weakness. I love to set myself up for defeat. What I have been up to?
I have been getting ready for summer to end and school to start. Wondering if we will be able to pay our past due mortgage and all the utilities that go with it. I have been preparing for us to stay. I turned my decluttered sun room into a place to do haircuts for friends and family for the summer-but as I pondered our school needs-I realized that my children love school stuff and God gave me inspiration and a way to rearrange our home so that we could use what we already have and only need a few items to have a classroom. I moved it all around, went through our school books and gathered a few supplies. I won some online curriculum pieces. I have planned the overalls for most subjects with little funding. One schedule is done, yet may prove to be completely undoable, chore charts are up, meal plans in place- I have a few finishing touches here and there. Yesterday, my awesome handy man hubbie built their desks and they are now in place with drawer carts ready to be filled underneath.
This room has become the perfect place to do school! Thank you Lord!
And planning to start tomorrow, I was blindsided when I received the call on Thursday evening to tell us that we will be going to Duke on Monday to see the brain surgeon for Peter instead. Bummer.
Schooling in the car, oh well-
adaptation, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.
This is why we need Jesus and this is why we homeschool- one of many reasons to homeschool.
Praying and believing that "He works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose."- Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment