Thursday, May 26, 2011

Searching

Looking and finding and searching and seeking-This is the call of Christ.
Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

Matthew 7:7
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."

Luke 12:29-31
"And do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be worried.For all the nations of the world seek after these things, and your Father knows that you need them.Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you."
***************************************************************************************
Seeking Him, His ways and His will- that means not seeking Me, My ways or My will.
It is a death to self. I gladly relinquish control. After many years of blaming others for being in the way of "MY" dreams and "MY" great ideas, plans and schemes I can truly say that I don't know what to do with ME. I also don't know what to do with YOU.
Now that I have given up control and the right to believe that I am right does this excuse my responsibility(ies) Am I no longer called to do well or to even try?
Do I just lazily sit back and let the world(His world)fall apart and just hope that Christ's forgiveness is enough. Or am I still to "seek" and if I am seeking what am I seeking for? Why can't it just be plain? or is it?
I am on a quest-
to find Blessing and gifts in the most unlikely places. No time for slothful living here on this search. To the judgemental bystander I appear a fool, with my hands up and open, my eyes looking past the mess to see the glory, the fingerprints of a loving God who has tried so tenderly to explain over and over and over again that this world is not all there is, that what happens here is about Him, not me and that His plans for me are great and wise. To look at how He came, His only Son not spared rejection, torture or misunderstanding, yet the fullness of all the Deity within Him. He did more for us than any ever will- He gave us a great example of how to live, serve, speak, not speak, submit to the Father, Trust and yes, die.
Simple
Seek
Look for the treasure, it is all around. Now that I have started to look-I admit I realize how badly wired and lazy I am-I resist praise! It is so simple, to seek- it is what we are created to do. Oh, how distorted pride makes our vision. We seek to escape the reality that God gives us that will refine and transform us like we know we need to be. His Word tells us that His mercies are new every morning-Seek for them!
Am I carrying a miracle of life in my old used womb again? PRAISE HIM- it is a mercy and a gift!
Am I inconvenienced by people, little and big who need help and I am here to give it?
PRAISE HIM!
Am I tired, worn out, spent and waiting on others to come through?
PRAISE HIM!
Am I totally dependent on God the Father because I have no idea how to do all I have been given to do?
PRAISE HIM!
Did I just forget to look for the Blessing and then He sent a messenger to remind me, like a clue in National Treasure? Did I see the clue?
PRAISE HIM!
Is my air conditioner out and we are having a heat wave and now I find myself wondering how missionaries give up their creature comforts for Christ, so I pray for them and the ones who live day in and day out without standard american comfort all over the world- and I wonder if they have found joy, if they are thankful and I pray that they are-and I am now wondering over the mystery of Christ and the Cross and how I need not question God's goodness, His intentions for me- How when years ago He answered my prayers to make me "new" with a baptism of fire that hasn't stopped-how hungry and thirsty I am for Him and Heaven and how I know that no matter how hot and uncomfortable I may be here, now- it is as close to hell as I will ever get.
PRAISE HIM!
and my day will continue now, and I will be searching-high and low- for treasures amid the shipwreck, you should too-

No comments:

Post a Comment